Mascara Makeup Tips
Mascara is clearly one beauty product that no woman should ever be without — one or two swipes can make your eyes look bigger and brighter! However, some women find it hard to apply mascara properly.
Not to worry — here are some awesome mascara tips and other eye makeup tricks to help you along.
- Applying mascara on your lashes should the one of the finishing touches in your makeup regimen — with the last step being smoothing lipstick on your pucker.
- Worried that your eyeshadow might get messed up in the process of putting on mascara? Protect your eye makeup by using an eye primer, which acts as a conditioner to keep your makeup in place. Dab a few dots on your lids and smooth them on gently right after putting on sunscreen or sunblock and before before putting on concealer, foundation, eyeliner, and eyeshadow (in that order). If you can find a primer that has SPF, nab it!
- Curling your lashes is a must before applying mascara. Some mascara brands have curved brushes to make application easier, but it doesn’t mean you can skip your lash curler altogether. For lash curling newbies, here’s a tip: Place the curler at the roots of your lashes (NOT on your eyelid — ouch!). Then, slowly curl your lashes outward, moving from the roots to the outer ends. Don’t press the curler too hard; you’ll only get crooked, bent lashes that way. Curl your lashes gently in three steps: one near the roots, the second at the middle, and the third and last near the ends or tips. Repeat the steps to make the curls last longer.
- Here’s another tip: Heat your lash curler using your hair dryer. The warmth will make your lashes “obey” the curling. But be careful about the temperature — you don’t want to burn and cause your eyes to tear up!
- Having a hard time swiping on mascara? Bend the brush at an angle that suits you for easier application. Make sure to wiggle the mascara wand at the roots of your lashes to add volume and make your lashes look thicker and fuller. Repeat the process to ensure the makeup stays.
- If you don’t want your mascara to smear, try layering it: First, apply regular mascara. Then, coat your lashes with waterproof mascara. Wait a few seconds to let it dry, and you’re good to go!